Katy Staples is the Adviser for Bristol SACRE. She offers training and consultancy for RE, CW and SMSC in schools across the South West of England.
Katy taught RE, Humanities and PSHE for 23 years in Secondary Schools in London and North Somerset. She has a Masters degree in Hinduism, Indian Philosophy and Christianity in sub-Saharan Africa from the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London.
She is a member of the National Religious Education Strategy Group and chairs the South West Association of RE Advisers Inspectors and Consultants (AREIAC).
Services that Katy can provide FOR FREE as part of her SACRE role:
- A diagnostic visit (2 hrs) for the school regarding delivery of RE; a health check and book-look; and help to create an initial action plan.
- A conversation visit (2 hrs) about assemblies (CW), SMSC and British Values; and help to create an action plan.
Services that Katy can provide that will come at a small cost to the school:
- A twilight staff meeting training (1 ½ hrs) £125
- A half day INSET training £250
- A whole day INSET training day £350
Email Katy at Katy.email@example.com or call on (0117) 906 0100.
“I wanted to drop you a line to thank you very much indeed for the training you delivered for our School Direct trainees yesterday. The feedback was wonderful – it was the best training they had had all year!”
(Mark Townsend, Lead for ITT / Training Manager, Specialist Leader of Education Bristol Teaching Schools Alliance – Spring 2018)